Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Andrew

Can I win the super late but I still love my husband award?

Today is the birthday of my darling husband!!

Six years ago I married the man that I knew God had hand-picked for me. Today...I am even more assured of it. And here, just for the fun of it, are some of the reasons why I love him like I do.

1. He knows at least a little bit about everything. For instance: The details of World History. The names of the different types of all tools and plumbing parts, and their uses. Politics. How to build a house from ground up. You know the things that really matter and come in handy when the kids ask all sorts of random questions as we drive down the road.

2. He can relate to ALL types of people. Having worked in different career fields...he does well with the grouchy-type people, otherwise known as "the consumer." He's just genuinely a NICE guy who most people like dealing with.

3. He's not afraid to try something. Hence the 2 years he spent teaching middle school math and the marrying into my family. ;)

4. He can fix everything known to man: the roof, plumbing, the kid’s toys, and everything...seriously, he can do all that.

5. He has a way about him that makes his little girl feel special. I can't put it into words, except to say that my girl is always asking me to go away, so that she can "play with Daddy."

6. He listens when I tell him that something bothers me and does everything in his power to change it.

7. My Mom truly loves him and recognizes that he is the BEST man for me.

8. Because even though we've been married for 6 years, I can say, without hesitation or doubt, that I love him MORE today than I did when I said "yes."

9. I love him because I KNOW this list could go on and on. He gives me endless reasons for loving him on a daily basis.

10. I love him because for some strange reason only known to God, I have captured his heart and he is devoted to ME.

I only hope that one day my daughter will be as blessed as I am; that she’ll find a man like her daddy to call husband and best friend.



No comments: