Monday, January 9, 2012

1st Mondays has begun

We started a new home-school program at Ruth Patrick Science Education Center.  It is called 1st Monday and on the 1st Monday of each month we go for 2 classes.  This month was Larry Cat in Space where the kids learned about Constellations and Wise Guys where they learned about Owls in our area, of course. 
 I didn't get any photos in the planetarium apparently light messes with their projection.  Jake was told to sit still several times because the lights flashing on his shoes were going off.  I guess I didn't  realize how much that kid moves until then.  


Jake dissecting an owl pellet.   For those of you who don't know what an owl pellet is it the indigestible part of the animal the owl ate.  

Emily looking on the chart to figure what animal this was.  
 They have both had this class before and love it every time.

No comments: